Thursday, June 22, 2017

Short and Sweet Book Reviews # 110 - Now That You Mention It by Kristan Higgins, Loving the Texas Lawman by Charlene Sands, Pew! Pew! by multiple authors

Now That You Mention ItNow That You Mention It by Kristan Higgins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a good mix of coming home again and romance. The romance takes a back seat to Nora Stuart's adjustment to coming home to Scupper Island after being hit by a car. She has not been back in years and was a very unhappy resident as a child and teenager. I loved the mix of women in the story. Nora's mother is far from being a cuddly person, her niece is going through problems of her own, one new friend does not know the friend ship rules, and a old enemy is still around. The romance is very low key. All in all a nice mix that kept me reading.  I receive a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.  It will not be released until the end of this year.


Loving the Texas Lawman (Forever Texan, #2)Loving the Texas Lawman by Charlene Sands
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A familiar but well done trope is at the heart of Loving the Texas Lawman. Jillian Lane and Sheriff Jack Walker were high school sweetheart until Jillian's mover her to California. He was from a family of lawmen and Jillian was from the wrong side of the tracks. It would never work but now Jillian has built a successful company that is heading for trouble and she needs help. Returning to Texas and asking Jack seemed like a good idea. Of course it all goes wrong before it goes very right. A nice romance with interesting characters and plot.


Pew! Pew!: Sex, Guns, Spaceships... Oh My!Pew! Pew!: Sex, Guns, Spaceships... Oh My! by M.D. Cooper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is exactly what it says it is; Science Fiction stories with a fun twist. In some cases it is the crew, some the situations but in all cases fun. There are nine stories in all. I did not read all at once. It was nice to have something that was entertaining but easy to finish in one setting. I had heard of several of the authors and this was nice way to see their writing style before deciding to try any of their novels.

View all my reviews

No comments: