Friday, March 17, 2017

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56 - March 17, 2017

I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

The Beginning:

"As Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent, stared at the young woman who had just barged her way into his London Residence, it occurred to him that he might have tried to abduct the wrong heiress last week at Stony Cross Park."

Page 56:

"Thank you." St. Vincent kept his arm around Evie as they walked our of the inn and headed to the blacksmith's cottage next door."

From Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas. I used Devil in Spring two weeks ago. That feared Sebastian and Evie's son and after reading it I wanted to go back and visit the first story so I went to the library and checked it out. I enjoyed the re-read almost as much as I did the first time. One thing I did notice. The cover of Devil in Winter was a dud.

8 comments:

fredamans said...

So this one was never added to a linky, but when you posted it last week I saved it. Surprised you didn't use it this week. :-)
Happy Sunday!

Lisa Ks Book Reviews said...

A lovely cover. I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine . . . http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsWTGHTF

sherry fundin said...

I like the cover too and I am curious about what he is up to.
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Kathy Martin said...

That beginning certainly raises questions in my mind. This week I am spotlighting The Cutaway by Christina Kovac. Happy reading!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have read a couple of books by this author, and enjoyed them. This one sounds tempting.

Here's mine: “NEVER CHANGE”

Unknown said...

Never read this author before. Always looking for a new series:)

My Friday 56 from Bone White

fredamans said...

Sounds like a good read! Happy weekend!

Lauren Stoolfire said...

I really want to try this author! Thanks for sharing. :)