Friday, March 10, 2017

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56 - March 10, 2017

I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

The Beginning:

"As she woke up in the pod, she remembered three things. First, she was traveling through open space. Second, she was about to start a new job, one she could not screw up. Third, she had bribed a government official into giving her a new identity file."

Page 56:

"A tool clattered to the ground. Kizzy's hands clenched into fists as the music swelled to a stormy crescendo She danced atop the shuddering ladder, her head still in the ceiling."

From The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers. I have read several good reviews on this so checked it out at the library on my last trip.

3 comments:

Nicki J. Markus / Asta Idonea said...

Probably not one for me, but I hope you enjoy it.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I don't read much sci-fi, but my husband does. I'll recommend this book to him.
My Friday post features Blueprints.

fredamans said...

Normally I would pass this one up, but based on the snippets, I want to read it. Happy weekend!